Here are answers to some general questions about Motivo!
What is Motivo?
- Motivo is the largest virtual supervision platform connecting therapists with vetted clinical supervisors.
- Check out our website with this link!
What are Motivo's core values?
Here at Motivo, we have 4 core values. These are the values that guide our work, keep us focused, and help us solve problems.
- Invest in Impact
- We are committed to our cause of solving the shortage of mental health providers and we focus on the areas that yield the most impactful results.
- Dig Deep
- We intentionally foster an environment of self-work and cultural humility. We are curious and introspective. We engage in lifelong learning.
- Take Ownership
- When we see a problem, we feel empowered to fix it. We trust each other to make the right decisions.
- Think like a Therapist
- We are empathic, open-minded, and honest. We use direct, clear, and kind communication and we always assume good intent.
How does Motivo work with behavioral health employers?
Motivo partners with many different types of behavioral health employers in order to free up internal resources that may be providing supervision today.
- We serve community mental health centers, non-profit organizations, digital health apps, treatment centers, hospital systems, and health plans.
- We assign each employer partner to a dedicated Care Team who ensures you are matched with the best supervisors for your organization, helps train supervisors on your internal processes, and remains in close contact with you to make sure you have everything you need.
How do I access the supervisor directory?
At Motivo, our supervisees have the freedom to select the ideal clinical supervisor for their needs through our supervisor directory.
- To access all of the amazing supervisors who offer supervision through Motivo, simply click on "Find a Supervisor" in the top right-hand corner of your screen on the Motivo Health website.
- Once the supervisee has entered their information, they may begin looking for a supervisor to help them reach their goals.
How do we make it accessible?
Along with our supervisor directory, which allows supervisees to choose the ideal supervisor for their needs, there are also other aspects of Motivo which make us accessible.
- We are the first fully encrypted, HIPAA-compliant platform that connects clinical supervisors to pre-licensed therapists.
- You have the liberty to choose when and where you receive your supervision and can work closely with a supervisor to help you reach your professional goals.
- Watch this video to learn more.
What steps does Motivo take to ensure high-quality supervision?
Ensuring the quality of our supervisors is of utmost importance to Motivo. We take great care to match you with the best supervisor for your clinical needs, demographic preferences, and areas of specialty.
- This starts with an introductory call with your prospective supervisor to ask questions and assess supervisory fit.
- After you get started, we’ll check in with you regularly to gather feedback on how supervision is going.
- If you are unsatisfied, we are here to help match you with another supervisor.
Is there a vetting process supervisors must go through before being accepted to Motivo?
- We verify the licensure credentials of each supervisor on our platform.
- We also complete a face-to-face alignment call with supervisors to learn more about the supervisor’s experience, areas of expertise, and approach to supervision.
- Lastly, all Motivo supervisors sign a legal attestation form to verify that they meet the requirements to supervise in their state.
How do I know if virtual supervision is allowed in my state?
Good news! We’ve done this research for you! We’ve compiled our findings on this page. Filter by state and license type to read our most recent assessment of the rules.
- Please note: While our research is a great starting point, licensure rules can change frequently and sometimes without much notice.
- Your state licensure board is the final authority on all things virtual supervision – and we recommend double-checking with the board when the rules are a bit unclear.
What license types are available through a Motivo supervisor?
We have nearly 1,000 supervisors, licensed in most states across the following license and certification types:
- Social Workers: (LCSW, LMSW, LICSW, etc)
- Professional Counselors: (LPC, LPCC, LCPC, etc)
- Mental Health Counselors: (LMHC, LCMHC, etc)
- Marriage and Family Therapists: (LMFT, LCMFT, etc)
- Licensed Psychologists
- Addiction Counselors: (CADC, CSAC, LADC, LCACD, LCAS, MAC, etc)
- Behavior Analysts: (BCBA, LBA)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Mentors
- Registered Play Therapy Supervisors (RPT-S)
Also, we are constantly growing. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean we can’t do it! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific request.
Our state(s) require some in-person supervision. Can we still use Motivo?
Yes, we will collect your zip code during onboarding and do our very best to match you with a supervisor within a drive-able distance for in-person supervision.
Does Motivo provide supervision to students?
- If you are a student who would like to utilize Motivo, you should first obtain permission from your graduate university and placement site.
- If you receive approval, we are happy to match you with a Motivo supervisor.
Does Motivo offer opportunities to connect with peers?
We totally do!
Check out our free Motivo Community right here. Submit a membership request and get approved by our Community Care Team.
- The Motivo Community is open to all therapists, at any stage of ones career.
- Register and attend our free weekly Peer Groups, view past panel discussions, or interact with other clinicians via the dashboard. We’ll see you over there!
I'm glad you asked!
- Check out Motivo Learning to further your education and gain access to a collection of online courses designed to provide clinicians with the tools to thrive in today’s mental health landscape.
Still, have questions? We'd love to hear from you.
We are here to answer any and all questions you may have about Motivo. If your question wasn’t answered here, reach out to us at email@example.com.